Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Remember those Blue Guys from the Intel Commercials?


Let me start by saying that all of you should be jealous of me because I am dating DJ Howard. Yes, that’s right – DJ Howard. You know who I’m talking about…He’s kind of a big deal. People know him. Haha just kidding but seriously. You’ve probably seen him looking fly on a sunny day riding his lawnmower. Or you’ve seen his big red truck with the sign that says Southern Green Lawns on the back – yeah that’s right, he owns his own business. I’m one lucky girl. I mean, even Michael Griffis wants to be his best friend. And Griffis barely likes anybody. Just kidding! Haha all joking aside, he really is a great guy. The best thing about DJ is that he loves God with all of his heart.

For our one year anniversary, he planned out a whole day and it was so much fun! He brought me to eat lunch at Tsunami’s which is probably the coolest atmosphere in Baton Rouge.



Then we went to my house and hung out with my mom and little sister for a while which meant a lot to me since I barely ever get to see them. Then DJ and I drove to New Orleans where he gave me money to go shopping at my favorite stores! (Told you I was a lucky girl) Then we drove down St. Charles street where the biggest houses in the universe are located.


We were planning on going to eat at Camelia Grill but to our dismay, it was closed for renovation ☹. So instead, DJ took me to eat at La Madeline’s, which is one of my favorite places. Not sure why, it just is. And then as if it couldn’t get any better, he had another surprise waiting after dinner. He drove over to the New Orleans Arena where we parked and walked inside and sat down four rows from the front a really cool stage. I didn’t know what show we were about to see but I knew it was going to be good. The opening act ended and said, “Now enjoy – The Blue Man Group!!!!”
I looked at DJ and said, “Who’s that?”
He laughed and said, “Remember those blue guys from the Intel commercials?”
I got excited as I remembered those weird blue guys. I had no idea they were still around. But little did I know, they were still around and were doing pretty well traveling all over the country to perform.


The show was one of the best shows I have ever seen. It was hilarious and entertaining. The graphics and video presentations were my favorite. (Go figure) Not to mention the light show. These blue men were amazing percussionists who made music out of PVC pipes, banging on open grand pianos, and anything else weird you could think of. They had more than a full band behind them including 3 drummers! It was the coolest thing I’ve ever been to and a great way to end the day. I couldn’t tell DJ thank you enough times to show how thankful I really was.
So, if you happen to see DJ give him some props for being the coolest cat around town and tell him how awesome and tall he is. Tell him he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread.

5 comments:

The Core/Old School said...

he a pretty cool guy. i've never read your blog before, but i like it. im going to put you on thefamilytullos.blogspot.com unless you dont want me to. ha ha. late
tt

Paula said...

wow gabby, I was just thinkin it's been a year for you and your man!

Remember at the centroplex you introduced him as "your boyfriend"... seems like ya'll have been together for ever!! :)

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

Visa/Mastercard/Amex/eCheck xeloda 25mg zovirax World delivery confido Online diamox World shippind purim World shippind zanaflex

شركة اوائل المثالي said...

شركة مكافحة البق بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقطيف
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء