Monday, March 19, 2007

Amplified Weekend

So this weekend was amplified and it was incredible. As much as this weekend was for the students it was definately for me as well. To see so many students fired up about God and to witness them serving their hearts out for the community was a huge wake up call for me. Before Amplified, I was kind've in a slump, not a big one, but just pretty tired from our busy schedule. But Thursday night, I decided I was going to be expectant to see God move. And He definately showed up. I got to stay in a house with Sarah Haviland and Jill Griffis and NINETEEN other girls! Wow, can you say "Thats alot of girls." Yeah I know. We had some girls from Franny and then the rest were freshmen from Dutchtown and Parkview. A few of the girls were even friends with my little sister which was really cool. Two girls in our house committed their lives to Christ for the first time and a bunch of them even got water baptized! Praise God! I got to spend alot of time with these girls this weekend and seeing their hearts and watching them get closer to God was an awesome thing for me. Their passion rubbed off on me. It brought me back to the first time I really truly committed my life to Christ. Feeling that way really renewed me. The feeling was indescribable.

And then as if the weekend couldn't get any better, Sarah Haviland, Jill Griffis, and I led our St. Francisville Girl's Bible Study on Sunday night. We had Katie Fontenot come play guitar and lead some worship. We all interceeded for each of the girls there and for the St Francisville Campus and then we prayed individually for every girl who wanted prayer. Then, one of the sweet girls from St. Franny raised her hand and on the verge of tears begin to explain how she felt really distant from God and it was because she was the one backing away from God and church and her friends. She said that it's so easy to just decide not to go to church in the morning because she'd rather sleep in or how easy it is not to come to Bible Study cause she has "homework" or whatever it may be. But she knew that God wanted more of her heart and more of her life. She said, "I want to come back." Those words stuck with me the rest of the night and still do right now. We prayed for her and encouraged her and thanked God for her heart and honesty. As I saw a bunch of young girls surround her and love on her and pray for her as God moved on heart wiht her head in her hands - I saw God that night. I saw him move. I saw that while we can have these huge events and have a ton of people touched by God, its still all about that one - the one person thats not there yet, the one person that couldn't be there yet, the one person that can only be reached through a more personal way. Yea I saw a ton of people touched by God from a distance but being right there, face to face, heart to heart, with someone who God is touching and hearing the overflow of their heart to get right with God was something I wouldn't trade for the world. I saw God move. And as He moved in someone else's life he moved in mine. He reminded me that this is what its all about. It's all about that one. And its all about THE ONE. It's all about Him. Without Him, none of this is possible.

1 comment:

JP said...

glad to see your blogging...keep the blogs commin!